I built a new pc and wanted to play though proto again, so I reinstalled and just after the load screen gets done and the game about starts, it locks up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck...any advice?
Rooster7 14:54, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Could be your audio settings. Sometimes Prototype doesn't load up if the default format is above 41000 Hz. Or it could be any wireless gaming device you are using (mouse). The support software causes issues when using with Windows 7. Also, force V-sync off, this helped me play the game when I forced it using NVIDIA's control panel. 184.108.40.206 15:08, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Source: this forum by an admin
- This is what I just built and have been using for about 2 months.
- All my games I throw on the single hard drive, the raid has just windows and WoW.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ... Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support FPB Video ... MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 993981 Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Raid: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) x2 DVD Burner SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
- Rooster7 21:40, April 19, 2012 (UTC)