This article or a section of this article is in need of expansion. You can help the Prototype Wiki by expanding it.
The Pack Leader ability allows Heller to summon Brawlers or control existing Brawlers within range. These Brawlers will be covered in an orange outline to separate them from normal Brawlers.
The controlled Brawlers will fight enemies targeted by Heller, the target will be marked by an orange aura too. When no enemy is targeted, these Brawlers will automatically fight any enemy unit around Heller, when no enemy is targeted or close by, the Brawlers will converge on Heller. Upon being killed or dismissed, the Brawlers will self destruct, causing mass destruction in the vicinity. The player can use the summon key to dismiss the pack, or target something before dismissing to order the Brawler to go near the target before self destructing to deal damage.
Compared to the Devastator ability, the Brawler pack does not do as much damage in as short a time. Instead, it provides constant distraction and independant attacking power, they are generally used to disorient enemies in a group, to distract weaker enemies while Heller deal with stronger ones, or as cannon fodder to attack the enemy while Heller escapes or stays out of the fight. Heller can summon one pack at a time and cannot summon another until the previous one is eliminated or dismissed.
When a Brawler pack is active, the screen will have a light green tint, this lasts until the pack is eliminated or dismissed.
- Level 1 - Initial health and damage.
- Level 2 - Pack health increased by 20%, pack damage increased by 10%.
- Level 3 - Pack health increased by 40%, pack damage increased by 20%.
- Level 4 - Pack health increased by 60%, pack damage increased by 30%.
- Level 5 - Pack health increased by 80%, pack damage increased by 40%.
- Radnet - Pack health increased by 25% (Counts separately with Pack Leader Level).
- In the mission "A Labor Of Love", James Heller gained a unique variant of this ability; he is able to summon a pack of two Juggernauts after consuming an Alpha Juggernaut. This ability of Heller, however, only appears exclusively in the said mission, and is not a part of the Pack Leader ability, as it cannot summon the pack at will and also does not consume mass.
- Unlike normal Brawlers, summoned Brawlers cannot replenish health by eating human or Walkers. Therefore, summoning a new pack is usually better than keeping the old, wounded one to fight.
- This ability is useful against the Orion soldiers.