This article or a section of this article is in need of expansion. You can help the Prototype Wiki by expanding it.
This article is in need of more images or contains outdated images.
William Vanoost was educated in film and animation at Columbia College in Chicago. He is currently freelanced as a lead animator on an unannounced multi-platform title as well as working at Blur studios on an upcoming Midways game. In the game development for the game PROTOTYPE, Vanoost's responsibilities included planning and directing motion capture shoots, coordinating with team leads to decide how and when animations will be delivered, and managing multiple animators.
In addition to this he has also worked freelance on a number of different web and TV projects for clients that included Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Turner, and Columbia College Chicago. In PROTOTYPE 2 his role is that of a character animator responsible for both hand key and motion capture animation for in game and cinematic sequences.
- Stephen Kings: The Dark Tower (2013), Midway Games (currently under development)
- Prototype 2 (2012), Activision Publishing, Inc. (trailer cinematic)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011), Lucus Arts
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010), Lucus Arts
- Dante's Inferno (2010), Visceral Games
- Prototype (2009), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Raven Software
- Halo Wars (Video Game) (2009), Bungie Studios
- Stranglehold (2007), Midway Games
Unaccredited Gaming ProjectsEdit
- Prey 2
- Resident Evil
- Transformers: The War for Cybertron
- Mass Effect 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Dragon Age
- Section 8
- Terminator Salvation
- In the gaming industry Vanoost is known to be an expert in clean motion capture data, and animation both motion capture and hand key.
- He earned the nickname 'Rocky' because he always drew doodles of the cartoon characters Rocky and Bullwinkle.
- He has also worked alongside David Lam and Michael Loeck while at Raven Software studios.
- William Vanoost's professional profile on Linkedin
- William Vanoost's profile on the internet movie database
- A Video Reel of William Vanoost's video game work